Steam version- installed CQM over Steam VTMB but encounter "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steam version- installed CQM over Steam VTMB but encounter "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error

Post  peppergomez on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm

As per the thread title--- following the steps in the Read Me file for the Clan Quest mod, I installed the mod over an unpatched/unmodded version of VTMB from STeam (which includes the 1.2 patch by default, correct?)

I have a Windows 7 OS, ATI Radeon 4800, 4G RAM. I know the Clan Quest mod includes WESP 6.5, which includes patch 1.2, so I shouldn't be encountering this "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error it seems. In a previous install of Steam VMTB, I encountered this same error upon starting the game, but fixed it by installing WESP 6.5.

So, what's going on here, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

PS- The CQ mod installed to the Vampire folder (C: Program Files x86> Steam >Steamapps> Common> VTMB> Vampire)
Should it be in the Vampire folder, or up one, to the main VTMB folder? The installer directed it into the Vampire folder, so I'm guessing that's correct.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam version- installed CQM over Steam VTMB but encounter "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error

Post  burgermeister01 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm

peppergomez wrote:As per the thread title--- following the steps in the Read Me file for the Clan Quest mod, I installed the mod over an unpatched/unmodded version of VTMB from STeam (which includes the 1.2 patch by default, correct?)

I have a Windows 7 OS, ATI Radeon 4800, 4G RAM. I know the Clan Quest mod includes WESP 6.5, which includes patch 1.2, so I shouldn't be encountering this "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error it seems. In a previous install of Steam VMTB, I encountered this same error upon starting the game, but fixed it by installing WESP 6.5.

So, what's going on here, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

PS- The CQ mod installed to the Vampire folder (C: Program Files x86> Steam >Steamapps> Common> VTMB> Vampire)
Should it be in the Vampire folder, or up one, to the main VTMB folder? The installer directed it into the Vampire folder, so I'm guessing that's correct.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-45569891&pid=914819

Hmm, well check out this thread. It seems to suggest some solutions that should otherwise fix this problem. I've never seen that error before, but I'm running Windows XP, so I'm guessing that it's related to that. Anyways, let me know how it works out.

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam version- installed CQM over Steam VTMB but encounter "Available memory less than 15MB!!! -1531904" error

Post  peppergomez on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 pm

right, but WESP's patch is part of the clan quest mod, so if it installed correctly, it should fix this

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgermeister01 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:32 am

peppergomez wrote:right, but WESP's patch is part of the clan quest mod, so if it installed correctly, it should fix this

I did a little digging, and I found this out:

See, the thing is ... to get all this stuff to work together I had to manually merge the files together, which means there's certain things I could miss in either distribution. In this case, I neglected to include this engine.dll file that Wesp typically distributes as part of 6.5, which corrects the problem you're having

For your convenience, I've uploaded this engine.dll file from the 6.5 distro here:

http://www.filefront.com/14890527/engine.dll

You only have to download this file and place it under your root vampire folder (not "Vampire", but the folder "Vampire" is in), under the "Bin" folder.

So the typically steam path would be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines\Bin

Let me know if that fixes it. Oh, and you might want to make a backup of engine.dll before you copy over it, on the off chance that this file even has some issues.

Thanks!

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:51 am

Thank you!

PS- Did I install the clan quest patch to the right directory? It did select the Vampire folder for its installation path.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgermeister01 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm

peppergomez wrote:Thank you!

PS- Did I install the clan quest patch to the right directory? It did select the Vampire folder for its installation path.

Thank you for finding this issue! I feel kind of silly for such a huge oversight, but of course, this is an easy fix for version 1.3. Hope you enjoy the mod(s).

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Ok, so The Vampire folder is the incorrect folder then? Seems like that's what you are saying. Guess I should do a full uninstall of VMTB from Steam, delete that folder, reinstall, and then reinstall the clan quest mod to the proper path, which is one folder up (the main VTMB folder). Sound correct?

Also, is the res patcher from WESP included too? This allows for widescreen viewing and custom resolutions (2560x1600 in my case).

Finally, does anyone know how to enable the first-person melee combat from WESP's patch? There's a folder named "first-person combat" that I'm guessing needs to be dropeed somewheree in the game directory to overrwrite the third-person melee combat animations.

Thanks.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgermeister01 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:42 pm

peppergomez wrote:Ok, so The Vampire folder is the incorrect folder then? Seems like that's what you are saying. Guess I should do a full uninstall of VMTB from Steam, delete that folder, reinstall, and then reinstall the clan quest mod to the proper path, which is one folder up (the main VTMB folder). Sound correct?

Also, is the res patcher from WESP included too? This allows for widescreen viewing and custom resolutions (2560x1600 in my case).

Finally, does anyone know how to enable the first-person melee combat from WESP's patch? There's a folder named "first-person combat" that I'm guessing needs to be dropeed somewheree in the game directory to overrwrite the third-person melee combat animations.

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion! This is why I shouldn't post notes at work. Trying to post messages between people walking past my cubicle always loses something in the translation...

The correct folder to install to, for the typical Steam user, is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines

This should include the "Vampire" and "Bin" folders which include the new content and the memory patch respectively.

The rez patch also isn't packaged, as it's part of the "Tools" directory (although you're giving me second thoughts about that). For your convinence though, I've posted it here:

http://www.filefront.com/14897093/ResPatch.exe

Finally, I've never installed the first person melee stuff, but this thread describes how to do it:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-47794665&pid=914819

Basically, you would just take the files in the first-person-melee folder and replace the corresponding files in the "<root>/Vampire/vdata/items/" folder.

Let me know if that works for you.

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Ok, thanks a lot. Yes, I highly recommend that you include rez patch, since nearly everyone uses widescreen these days.

Uninstalled VMTB and reinstalling a clean version from Steam and will install the clan quest mod and those other apps you provided download links to. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgermeister01 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 pm

peppergomez wrote:Ok, thanks a lot. Yes, I highly recommend that you include rez patch, since nearly everyone uses widescreen these days.

Uninstalled VMTB and reinstalling a clean version from Steam and will install the clan quest mod and those other apps you provided download links to. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

It's good to have a discriminating user enjoying this package, as I tend to take these things for granted, since I have about a bazillion files on my desktop devoted to Vampire modding. Razz

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks again. I started up the game and it's running okay.

Two things though...the textures look really really really blurry and lo rez. Not in the cut scene movies, but all of the textures. And the HUD isn't there. Pretty sure there's something wrong. I am running Windows 7 64bit with 4G of RAM. Even at the main game screen, the Vampire the Masquerade heading is blurry. There were two error messages when I first started the game, not appearing anymore though when I reload: AI disabled and something else I can't rmember. I seem to remember reading somewhere that 64 bit Windows had some problems with textures and that there was a fix. If I recall, it was an automated EXE program, and I tried to use it, but it wouldn't allow me to direct the install location (and wasn't designed to install to the Steam directory).

Also, the movement in the game, both in terms of cut scenes playing and my mouse movement is a bit jerky. Not very smooth at all.

Got any ideas about these problems?

Thanks.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 pm

PS- gonna take this post over to the steam forums...that okay with you, and do you post there?

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  burgermeister01 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 pm

peppergomez wrote:PS- gonna take this post over to the steam forums...that okay with you, and do you post there?

You and one other user are reporting similar issues. I poked around some more and I think I tracked down the issue. There is one more dll file that I need to distribute with the mod. It is the file, which I have placed here for your convenience.

http://www.filefront.com/14906395/shaderapidx9.dll

This file must go under the same folder, Bin, as the other DLL. Let me know if installing this file fixes the problem. I apologize for this problem; in fact, the curious thing is, this problem would have been present since version 1 of the mod, but just now are reports of it coming in. I think I am going to make a patch release to include these additional files which I missed in the original distribution. If I’m lucky, maybe I’ll have time to include some other goodies as well.

Regarding the Steam forum, that's no problem with me. My only beef with the Steam forum is the low response rate I get posting messages there, hehe. Anyways, I was thinking though, since I am planning this patch to fix the problem, maybe it would make sense to wait until that is ready. I hope to get that between now and Friday. Of course, you're welcome to do whatever you feel is best.

Thanks, and let me know how it works out!

burgermeister01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  peppergomez on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 pm

thanks

now that VTMB is pretty much only available in steam download, i think that forum is, along with planet vampire, the best place in terms of traffic. both tess and wesp post there regularly.

peppergomez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum